Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blue and White


OK, ya know what.......the Leafs Suck! I can't keep it in anymore. I hated watching them about 1/3 of the way through the season, and haven't watched even one full period since before Christmas...well maybe once at my in-laws..........but you get the picture! They are painful to watch, they don't show motivation ( how can you not be motivated to play a sport for 7 figures?? I would do any job for 6 figures...I would take the NHL min. to just sit on the bench, and hand other guys a water bottle if they needed one......or a towel..........hey, I guess that would make me an equipment manager.......I bet they make good cash) they are professionals.........they should be motivated.

The trade deadline is March 9th, and I really think something needs to be done with this team. But, there's a problem...who do the leafs have, that they can afford to get rid of, that anyone else will want. Some might say Sundin, and I know a lot of people who don't like him. Personally, I like the guy...he has worked hard for this team for about 10 years now, and I would like to see him with a Cup with the Leafs. Another guy I wonder about it "The Eagle". He's really getting up there in age, and hasn't looked too sharp, too often this year. Maybe it is the lack of D in front of him, but your reflexes have to slow down when you're in your 40's and have played the game for so long. I think he should "hang 'em up."

Alas, after having said all this, I wonder if they Ferguson will ever do anything drastic. He has the Board, and the Teachers breathing down his neck. He doesn't have the freedom to do whatever he wants........I don't care what Peddie says..........Ferguson is on a tight leash.

It makes me sick!

Go MLSE Go!

1 comment:

Nan said...

Help out your hockey illiterate sister please......what or who is MLSE?