Tuesday, March 28, 2006

New Shift

I know, I know.......it's been too long. So, here I am.

I just wanted to let you all know that I am already, really loving my new days off. It was so nice to have this past Saturday off. Although, the original goal is to have one nice day all for my wife and I, I ended up going to see her parents. haha.

I love my in-laws (Dad, you know I love you...there should be no doubt in your mind). I went up right after work on Thursday, got there in time for dinner. Then we watched a bit of the leaf game (waste of time) and went and played hockey ourselves (not a waste of time........what a great time it was).

Friday Steve (my father in-law) and I put new canvas on a canoe that he had stripped for someone.
I probably haven't mentioned this before...Steve has a business (pack and paddle adventure company) on the side of his ministry at the sundridge church of Christ. He started out my making bent-shaft paddles, and it has evolved, almost, into more business than he has time for.
Anyway, so then on Saturday morning we stripped the fiberglass off an old, big canoe. That was fun..........if I ever end up working for Steve in the future, if we move up there, I think I could get used to being part of the demo team. I really enjoyed peeling that old crap off of there.......lol!

Here's to more Saturday's off.........hopefully my wife and I can have some great times together.

1 comment:

Nan said...

We are so happy for you that you have a shared day off now. It will be great! :)