Wednesday, February 08, 2006

IE 7 Beta

Hello again all, it has been a while for me, but I plan to catch up pretty quickly tonight.

I downloaded the most recent version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer to see what's new. I have to say so far I'm not overly extatic, or impressed. First of all, because Microsoft should be the leader in computer's and computer software, yet it seems as though they can't come up with their own ideas. They have copied one very noticeable thing that Mozilla already has in it's browser. Tabbed browsing. This feature allows you to open another tab in the same window on which to view another webpage. I also like how you can download different themes for Mozilla's Firefox...I haven't seen whether you can do this or not with the new IE.

And the other thing is that right away (after having installed) i found that everytime I clicked on a link in Outlook Express it made the OE folder open up. I contacted Microsoft about this and they said it is a known bug, and they basically told me that I had to make IE my default browser if I wanted to solve the problem. How does that help me if I don't want IE to be my default browser, what if I want Netscape for Mozilla?? Anywho........

But, after having said all this, they do have some new things that are pretty cool. One which is that they have included a feature that let's you know if there are RSS feeds available on the website you are viewing, then you can subscribe to the feeds that interest you. Once you have subscribed, you can then check for updates to that feed simply by going to the new Favourites centre and clicking on the feed you want to view.

No comments: