Saturday, January 21, 2006

Our first major appliance purchase

So, we bought a new fridge today. It was really that we wanted to, but more like we chose to because of some unfortunate circumstances...and we do hope to be in a house some day, so we will need appliances.

Long story as short as possible. Our fridge died Tuesday. Heather phoned me from work (it's my day off) and she asked me if I had been in the fridge at all yet. I hadn't so I went and checked it out...and I nearly collapsed from the smell. It was a very strong, chemical smell, and it wasn't cold at all. Also, at the time the fridge wasn't even running, so I thought burnt out motor (that's what the smell led me to believe too). But, after having done some running around town, I came home and it was running, but still nothing was cold, so we called the landlord.

It wasn't until yesterday (Friday) that the landlord finally dropped off the fridge that he had for us. It was worse for wear than the one we had. So, after some deliberation, we decided to buy our own fridge.

We got a really nice Fridgidaire, 18 cu/ft. Regular $800, sale for $700 w/ bump and scratch discount $620.

I went to the brick and future shop, and nothing really compared so, we officially made the purchase today.

Here's two quick pics of the new item...we like it so far, hopefully it lasts many years ( or if something is to go wrong it is within the first year....lol!

No comments: