Friday, November 09, 2007

The Future is Looking Bright..........I hope........

Hey everyone. I haven't blogged in over a month......wow. Probably because I'm not much of a writer, and don't really have a very exciting life. BUT, something pretty exciting (at least for me) is coming up soon.
I only have 2 weeks left at the Loblaws Dist. Centre here in Cambridge, where I have worked for the past 6 years and two months. All together, including my time at Zehrs Markets, I have been working for Loblaws Companies for about 10 years. It has been about 1/3 of my life, and I am moving on. Some people that I work with think I'm crazy, most others are happy for me, that I have found a way to get out of the Black Hole...it seems to keep people staying there for way past the time they should, and they just waste away.
So, what am I going to do now for income? I am now the proud owner of my very own business. Heather came up with the name...I loved it, so it is now registered with the government. KMA Deliveries. If you want to know what the KMA stands for, feel free to ask (this way I can see if anyone other than my family reads my blog....haha). I have accepted a contract to work for Dynamex Expedited services. They have a base here in cambridge. I don't know a whole lot about it at this point (start orientation on Nov. 26th) but from what I know it sounds like some fun. I will basically be on call 24/7. I will have a magnet on a board at dispatch. When I call to put myself on duty they will put my magnet on the board. The operators will be in a line. Once I get my first call, and carry out the delivery, the dispatch will be looking for my next one from that area for me to bring back towards my home area. So, for example, if I were to go down the Bloomington, Indiana (one place i hope to go sometime -- HOOSIERS!) there may be a load to bring back right away, or I may have to wait a day or two....or drive back empty, out of my own pocket. I will probably choose to wait most of the time...unless there are serious dinner plans or something.
Well, that is basically the job. I am pretty excited. I love driving, and travelling and now I will be doing it for my job. I know it won't all be Rosey, there will be annoying traffic and other drivers, and new issues with my employer, etc. But, I am looking forward to a new start somewhere else.
So, please pray for me, and for this venture. There are no guarantees of any work. So, my only anxiety is just that. I am leaving a guaranteed 40hr/wk --$23/hr job, for a job with no guarantees. I trust that the Lord will look after us, and I will be able to use my truck to do other odd jobs in my spare time. So, if you know anyone who needs some stuff moved, or whatever. I have purchased a 12 ft cargo van, can probably hold an apartment's worth of stuff. Let me know.
Until the next post...

2 comments:

Nan said...

Well, I already know what KMA stands for but I thought I had better comment so I'm not blacklisted! Tee hee.

Seriously though, we are excited for what this opportunity holds for you and praying God will give you safety and wisdom in all you do.

See you on the weekend!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.