Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Headin' to Centreville, MI

This weekend my lovely wife and I are heading to her friend's (I guess she would be my friend too) wedding. It is kind of out of town.......so I'm expecting it to be really nice, and in a quiet area.

Heather and I are taking advantage of this time away. We are booked into the Mendon Country Inn where Stephanie and Craig are having their rehearsal dinner. It looks like a really nice place. We are pretty excited about the time away, and the times that we will have, just the 2 of us.

By the way, if anyone reading this has a recommendation on what is the best way to cross over to Michigan...please let me know. I got directions online, and because of the area in MI where we are heading, the Sarnia and Windsor crossing are almost the same distance to drive. So, which one is better for scenery, or road conditions, etc. I know the roads are bad in Detroit, so maybe we won't go that way.

2 comments:

Nan said...

Wow! What a nice place. It looks like you will have a great time there.....

Anonymous said...

I've gone through Sarnia once each way and through Windsor more times that I'd like to think (on the way to the Detroit airport). I found the Sarnia experience fine but don't like going through Windsor. There are often lineups that can take you a while to go through (YMMV). The killer for me is the Detroit road system, though. Between the rough roads, the construction, and the insane drivers with cars held together with wire, it's an unpleasant experience I would avoid if I could.

- Carlo, stats-guy